ENJOY RELAXING DENTISTRY WITH SEDATION OPTIONS
If you are someone that has difficulty relaxing at a dentist office, or you have a fear of dental work, you’re not alone. Rest assured that our compassionate team will not judge you for anxiety or the condition of your smile. We will do everything in our power to get you the dental care that you need in order to maintain good oral health. We know a trip to the dentist can be scary for some which is why we offer two sedation options for patients.
Sedation dentistry combined with skill and expertise will ensure your visit to our office goes smoothly. Here are some things you can expect while experiencing our stress-free dental care:
- Expert treatment in a relaxed, welcoming environment
- Less anxiety about future dental visits – you will know what to expect next time
- Attention to detail to catch small dental problems before they worsen
- Recommendations for treatments to enhance your smile
- Increased confidence that your smile is aesthetically pleasing
As a member of the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation Dr. Ouellette believes in giving patients a choice in their dental care. To ensure that your procedure goes smoothly we offer two forms of sedation. Dental sedation options include:
- Inhaled Sedation – Using a comfortable mask, we will administer a precise mixture of a sedative commonly referred to as “laughing gas.” Almost immediately you will experience a sensation of euphoria and calmness. This type of sedation is very common and is safe even for children. You will remain fully awake during your procedure and able to ask any questions. Afterward, the sedative’s effects will diminish quickly so you will be able to drive yourself home safely.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – If you need a somewhat stronger sedative, Dr. Ouellette will prescribe a small pill to take before your appointment. By the time your procedure begins, you will be in a fully relaxed state and may even be slightly groggy. You will remain awake during your procedure, although some patients do doze off, especially with a higher dosage. Afterward, you probably won’t remember much about your visit. The pill’s effects will take several hours to wear off, so you will need to have someone available to drive you home.
Our team is happy to discuss both options with you in great detail. Regardless of what option you choose you can rest assured that you will be in good hands with Dr. Ouellette and our skilled dental team.
Get the dental care you deserve today by calling 501-847-7999!