TMJ Treatment & Teeth Grinding
RECEIVE NONINVASIVE, COMFORTABLE TMJ TREATMENT
If TMJ symptoms such as jaw pain, jaw popping, ear pain, and unexplained headaches are affecting your daily life Dr. Ouellette has a solution for you. Through the use of a custom mouthguard Dr. Ouellete will:
- Relieve tension on your TMJ so it can relax – and allow you to as well
- Eliminate annoying jaw popping when you open and close your mouth
- Stop teeth grinding while you sleep
- Make biting and chewing more comfortable
- Help reduce the frequency and intensity of migraine and tension headaches
Eliminate TMJ Symptoms With a Custom Mouthguard
The temporomandibular joints (TMJ) on either side of your head make it possible to move your jaw so you can chew, talk, yawn, and even sing. However, for reasons that are not fully understood, these joints can become irritated and cause significant discomfort. Simple activities like opening your mouth to speak can make you cringe in pain.
Dr. Ouellette has successfully treated many Bryant-area patients using a custom-fit mouthguard to eliminate TMJ symptoms. The appliance will gently push your lower jaw forward while you sleep, relieving pressure on the TMJ. You’ll feel better as the tension on your jaw is lessened.
- Easy to Remove – Take them out for daily cleaning or for a special occasion. Just be sure to wear the aligners for about 22 hours each day during treatment.
- Quick – You will wear each set of aligners for about two weeks before moving to the next set in the series. When you reach the end, you’ll have your radiant new smile – which could happen in as few as 12 months!
- Discreet – Since the aligners are clear, they are almost invisible. Other people will probably not notice them unless you point them out. Your friends and coworkers will only see your smile getting straighter and straighter!
Approximately 10 million Americans suffer from TMJ pain daily. If you are one of these people, please know that you don’t have to be! Call us today at 501-847-7999 to get fitted for your custom mouthguard.